West Belmont Civic Association
c/o David E. Pickett, President
4311 Otter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Minutes from September 27th 2016 community meeting
After a moment of silence, the meeting was called to order by the President.
• Representatives -Rita and Isabella, from Philly VIP – updated community on services available to the area.
• Eat Cafe – Calli gave overview of how the cafe functions and update of upcoming events.
• Paulette – Representative from Councilwomen Blackwell Office- updated community about ongoing programs and urged all to get out and vote.
• Rose – Dornsife Cener – updated community on special events coming up for October that would be beneficial to the community.
• Jessica – Community Representative for the Promise Zone – updated community on meeting schedule, services and community programs to benefit the community
All community representatives left flyers and contact information at our pick up table.
Our President thanked Community Person, Ishaq for his $250 support check to WBCA from the Philadelphia Masjid Outreach Committee.
• Community Clean up days – October 1st & 15th. City and Police presence is expected for Oct 15th. Neighborhood participation is always encouraged.
• Community Day – Chairperson is Ken and his Co-Chairperson is Brenda. A dinner sale is planned for Oct 14th -15th – 3pm until the food is gone
• Our President, David announced our next meeting – Oct 25th -6pm at Phoenix ll
The meeting was adjoined at 7:20pm
Hyden Terrell, Secretary